2016 ATS V Locked in Park | Cadillac ATS-V / ATSV Forum

2016 ATS V Locked in Park

Discussion in 'Cadillac ATS-V Problems/Issues' started by Mark C., Jun 4, 2016.

1. Mark C.

Mark C. New Member

My NEW 2016 ASTV at 146 miles locked in park and will not come out. Had to get towed back to the dealer and they are not sure what happen. Any thoughts on what happened.. THX.,

2. Mark C.

Mark C. New Member

update on the gear shift locked in PARK.. fuse #15 behind the drivers side fuse box blew-out controls rear lights and shift lock switch. The GM engineers have no idea how it happened. I left the dealer with a 10 amp mini-fuse.. and report back if it happens again. This car had 146 miles on it.

3. Mark C.

Mark C. New Member

The car shifter locked up again on Friday 6/10. The mechanic drove out to change out the fuse so I could drive it back to the dealer. They are in a discovery mode on why this is happening on the Feb. 2016 build of this car. GM Tech is involved as they have seen this issue before. Still not resolved and I will not let them take the car apart until they know exactly where to look.

4. ctuanonline

ctuanonline New Member

Unfortunately .....

5. Mark C.

Mark C. New Member

Update for 6/26/16... Car still at dealer, they are replacing the entire gear shift assembly. It looks like a internal micro-switch grounds out when shifted back to park. This is a problem that you might see with your V. GM will support me for June payment as I have only had a few days possession of this car. It would have been right for GM just to get me another ATSV, I am really disappointed when there is other car choices.

6. Mark C.

Mark C. New Member

Got the car back after 2 months being in and out of the dealer.. They never told me what the issue was exactly to have the shifter lock-up, but it turned out to be software as the service manager looked down addressing me. So I now have had the car back and driving it everyday. Its an amazing performance car, I cruse the highways getting 28mpg. Around town blast highway entrance ramps and smile every time. I am shocked all the people that know about this car there's almost not a day that goes buy where guys give me the thumbs up or come over to look at it while pumping fuel..