ATS-V Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update on the gear shift locked in PARK.. fuse #15 behind the drivers side fuse box blew-out controls rear lights and shift lock switch. The GM engineers have no idea how it happened. I left the dealer with a 10 amp mini-fuse.. and report back if it happens again. This car had 146 miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update on the gear shift locked in PARK.. fuse #15 behind the drivers side fuse box blew-out controls rear lights and shift lock switch. The GM engineers have no idea how it happened. I left the dealer with a 10 amp mini-fuse.. and report back if it happens again. This car had 146 miles on it.
The car shifter locked up again on Friday 6/10. The mechanic drove out to change out the fuse so I could drive it back to the dealer. They are in a discovery mode on why this is happening on the Feb. 2016 build of this car. GM Tech is involved as they have seen this issue before. Still not resolved and I will not let them take the car apart until they know exactly where to look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car shifter locked up again on Friday 6/10. The mechanic drove out to change out the fuse so I could drive it back to the dealer. They are in a discovery mode on why this is happening on the Feb. 2016 build of this car. GM Tech is involved as they have seen this issue before. Still not resolved and I will not let them take the car apart until they know exactly where to look.
Update for 6/26/16... Car still at dealer, they are replacing the entire gear shift assembly. It looks like a internal micro-switch grounds out when shifted back to park. This is a problem that you might see with your V. GM will support me for June payment as I have only had a few days possession of this car. It would have been right for GM just to get me another ATSV, I am really disappointed when there is other car choices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the car back after 2 months being in and out of the dealer.. They never told me what the issue was exactly to have the shifter lock-up, but it turned out to be software as the service manager looked down addressing me. So I now have had the car back and driving it everyday. Its an amazing performance car, I cruse the highways getting 28mpg. Around town blast highway entrance ramps and smile every time. I am shocked all the people that know about this car there's almost not a day that goes buy where guys give me the thumbs up or come over to look at it while pumping fuel..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.