ATS-V Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am a diehard manual trans guy but I'm extremely disappointed the ATS-V did not come with the 7 speed manual.
John Barrick and Tony Roma stated that to fit the 7 speed from c7 they would've had to push the powertrain too far forward throwing off the weight balance.

So 6 speed with 50/50 weight distribution was the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not decided yet but I always hate paying more for the auto but with the turbo's and the 8 speeds quick shifts I am sure it will be quite a bit quicker than the 6mt

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 7 speed in my C7 and I never get it into 7th. Maybe on the freeway at 70 plus. I will be OK with 6 forward gears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Auto for me. The TR-6060 transmission is nicer than many units, but shifting is still average at best. If there was a better manual transmission I'd consider it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nothing much better/stronger than the 6060. A shifter upgrade on the T-56/T-6060's is what I've done over the years which makes a big difference. Can't think of a better manual transmission on the market for a performance car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Manual all the way. I have never owned a performance car with an automatic and unless I lose my left leg or right arm I never will . Yes the auto is faster, but there is more to driving a performance car than the 0-60 times. If you don't get it I can't explain it to you, but if you want a numbers car you should just get a GTR.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts