Sedan may ship next week | Cadillac ATS-V / ATSV Forum

Sedan may ship next week

Discussion in 'Cadillac ATS-V Purchasing' started by mhousto, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mhousto

mhousto New Member

ordered a sedan in February. Was built about a month ago however car will not be shipped until apple play software patch is applied. Current estimate is that it will be shipped first week of August. I heard any car ordered with a sun roof will not be shipped for at least 2 more months glad I didn't order with a sun roof (I don't fit with my helmet on). I will post pics once I receive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dj's Z

Dj's Z New Member

Wow...I heard there was a non compliance issue with Fed Standards. Mine was completed on July 17th and waiting for transport. It does have a sunroof. Curious to see what the next step will be.

3. mhousto

mhousto New Member

My 14 ats was recalled for the sun roof button. I've never had the problem the recall claims. I suspect GM paranoia and part is being reengineered. Hopefully yours will ship when transport is available (what a head scratcher for a delay of a car that's supposed to save the model).

4. EdgarLusher

EdgarLusher New Member

How is your sedan been ship to your address? Did the company is giving facility of transporting your sedan to your address. Last year I have purchased new car but the dealer denied to provide a facility to haul my new car to my address, so I hired We Will Transport It for hauling. No doubt their service was too good.

5. VSAdmin

VSAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Please keep us updated on this, I'm very interested.

6. mhousto

mhousto New Member

still waiting. my sales person (Sewell Caddy) is going to be with V engineers today in Austin. He plans to "really" understand why they are not shipping? i worry my blade silver car has been sitting outside for 6 weeks absorbing all kinds of pollutants coming from the plant. its a no go if this is true. My suspicions are that its the worry about hackers, now. Crap there have been how many road tests and I'm sure the media is trying hard to "spin a bearing" and they can't. wanted one to pound the germans on the track. its almost no fun in the corvette because they are too slow.

7. VSAdmin

Sorry to hear they are giving you the run around, we are definitely interested in seeing if you get your car anytime soon though.

8. Dj's Z

Dj's Z New Member

Curious to see what your salesman has to say after meeting with the reps today.

9. Jay Lane

Jay Lane Member

Sorry for just now seeing this and replying so late. There have been several factors which have caused the delays (rail car shortage, compliance issues with sunroofs, QC etc) so there's not really one magic bullet that solves the mystery.

I can 100% assure you that we want them every bit as bad as everyone who has ordered one. The good news is that ATS-Vs have started to ship and we are expecting the first ones to hit our inventory within the next week. IMO, they will be worth the wait..

10. Dj's Z

Dj's Z New Member

No worries...we all seem to have busy lives. From what I've gathered from reading and talking with others about the delays that's exactly what I've heard. Also hoping the factory did the updates for CUE so we don't have to bring them back to the dealer for the update. I have also heard several people have a delivery date. Some scheduled yesterday but haven't heard anything further. I have a delivery date of 8-28 so I'm hoping it stands. When you get any in will you post some pics? Thanks!

11. Jay Lane

Jay Lane Member

Very happy to report that the OP took delivery of his beautiful car last night!

• Like Like x 1
  12. VSAdmin

Awesome, lets get some pictures in here!

13. mhousto

mhousto New Member

It's alive. 8 months later the V arrives. The handling is scary good. Haven't pushed the twin turbo waiting until i have at least 500 miles to seat the rings and same on the Brembos. Glad I got the carbon fiber and seat options.
    DSC_0042 (1).jpg [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. mhousto

mhousto New Member

another photo
    DSC_0041 (2).jpg

15. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

16. VSAdmin

Awesome! I can't wait to get more pictures and some driving impressions... maybe even some video if you get a chance?

17. Jay Lane

Jay Lane Member

Car looks great in Radiant Silver!
    2016 Radiant Silver ATS-V Sedan.JPG